Wednesday, August 29, 2012

PHOTO ESSAY || Anna Patricia R. Altre

Countless Meaning to Random Objects


I had fun in this activity, we get to put into practice our own skills and try to make everything seem like photogenic or worth capturing. I also felt kind of stressed in doing this activity because in the middle of the activity my digital camera died!! Aghh, I forgot to charge it, I also had second thoughts of bringing my SLR, I should've have bought that instead. Anway, I had to borrow my classmate's camera so I could continue the activity, THANK YOU KIM ALMOSA :) :) All in all, I had fun! It was really challenging but I know all the tips would be very helpful, especially for someone like me who likes to capture random objects. 

Here are the 10 best pictures that I was able to capture during the activity: 



I think this is an example of a Unique Vantage point. I'm having a really hard time identifying which tip my pictures belong to.What I did here was I leaned the camera at the wall :) I think this pretty cool...or not :) 


This is my favorite shot.  I just love the lighting here, how the rest of the picture is blurred, the reflection and all the details around it. For me, this is an example of Detail and Texture. The picture shows both smoothness and hardness. 



I was trying to do the Frame in this picture but I think I was not successful in capturing. I also like the frame and the objects behind it, I wish I was able to capture a better image of this. 


I had a hard time looking for a more natural shadow so I asked a friend to do a shadow for me. I'm not satisfied with this shot though I find the concept pretty cool :) 



I was trying to do another Frame in here, I think this was better than the first picture. I took this at a staircase near the SAC. This was a pretty challenging shot for me because I had to make the sides equal and  straight, it was really hard finding my balance because I was in the stairs and I had to make sure that the picture behind it has meaning too. 


This is an example of Rule of Thirds, it is the easiest tip but I had to find an object worth capturing. I think I was successful in this shot though I wished there were no people at the back so there would be more emphasis on the flower 


Curving Lines
What I like in this picture are the curves and the frames, I had hard time capturing the best angle in this picture because this was also taken at a staircase. It was hard because the stairs were narrow, I also wished I could've taken a better shot for this, I really like the frame and the shapes in here. 



Fill Frame
This was also one of the easiest tips but yet again you have to find an object worth capturing.  


I think this is and example of Imagined Horizons. I like how the photo was taken, the tree gives so much life to the picture, I love how it was not taken perfectly, like how the tree trunks are cropped. It was hard to take this photo because of the people that are passing by but I really loved this photo.  


Patterns and Shapes
This was taken near the chapel, when I first saw the patterns and shapes, I knew I had to take a picture of it. I had a hard time choosing the right angle, I know I had to give emphasis the the patterns and shapes so it was kind of challenging to capture this. 



My learning in this activity is that. photography isn't just simple taking pictures, you have to consider a lot of things and objects to make the picture worth-seeing or worth-giving meaning. Taking pictures of random objects is easy but in order to make a picture worth it it has to be meaningful that's why you to consider some elements, the tips were really helpful, knowing these would greatly benefit us. Another learning in this activity is the importance of having patience, as amateurs, we can't  just simply take a perfect shot, we have to try and experiment different angles to be able to capture what we want the audience to see or what we want to give emphasis. I had a great time in this activity, I can't wait to put this tips into practice, hopefully one day, I could create my own portfolio showing this tips. 

-Anna Patricia R. Altre
202C 








No comments:

Post a Comment