Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Book Fair


Our group attended The 33rd Manila International Book Fair, the country’s biggest and longest-running book fair was held at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia last September 12-16, 2012. It was a fun experience going to the book fair well not all of us were book lovers, but we sure did had a great time exploring the book fair.




The whole event was jam-packed we've seen many people buying tons of books, in different sections with different stories and authors.



 


We've taken also the books we've like to have someday. Those are...


                   



 And we do hope that someday we can buy those for us to read .


To freshen up, we decided to go up the SMX 2nd floor to see more what's inside. And from afar we saw this reporter, Dianne Castellejo, and asked her if we can take picture with her including her cute son.








 Then back to the event we accidentally bumped into a fellow scholastican her name was Janah we asked her thoughts on the book fair.


 Well, being a fan of Ramon Bautista it was really a dream come true. By hook or by crook I will look for a way to attend.We both said our Hi’s and stuffs. He then asked for my name and put a simple dedication on the book that I bought. And told him that while I was waiting for my turn, I was reading the book and noticed that everything was from his formspring account. He then told me “bakit? Gusto mo kunin ung bayad mo? Sana binasa mo nalang sa internet” I said “hindi naman,, nakita ko kasi ung question ko dun eh” he said “na-sama sa publish?” sabi ko “yuppp.” After our picture was taken, he then asked me what was my question, i then told him and I was like defending myself ‘cause his response to my question is that “I’m a nerd” and I told him that “see! Hindi naman ako nerd oh” he replied “nerd ka kaya, tignan mo nagbabasa ka ng book” anyhow, since I really do not know when we will meet again, so I grabbed the opportunity to have his video taken and greet me on my 18th birthday, also, I did stole a hug from him. 

To sum it all up, he’s really a typical person. No attitude was shown, maybe it is because he is a professor that communicates to his students. I noticed, he is a people person.. he’s friendly to anyone, and lastly, his professionalism, I can see in his face that he is tired, but still he shows gratitude of buying his book, in discrete ways he tries to stretch a little and still working like a dog.














To sum it all up we had a great time; we never knew that this event will be interesting and we do hope there's still next time, to catch up the books we wanted to have. This book fair was a blast, and though some of us were not interested with reading, we still found time to check what's inside.





No comments:

Post a Comment