Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"The simple joys of an Ad Person"

AN INTERVIEW WITH AN ADVERTISING PROFESSIONAL 

We were honored that we had a chance to interview Ms. Ces Estrella who works as an Account Manager at SLG (Sinson Lacsano Group), she is a former Scholastican and actually finished with the course BSC Marketing, in our interview you will find out why her career path has changed and also her journey as an Advertising Professional.






Insights: 

In my opinion, advertising industry is a vague matter to deal with. I have said this because I believe what I know about advertising can be considered general truths, nothing deeper than the usual. After interviewing Ms. Ces Estrella, I was really enlightened about the ins and outs of this industry or at least I was oriented about the cover all phenomenas that are happening in the kind of world that is she now staying for almost 30 years. I feel fortunate because I have heard useful tips and advices from her, knowing that she is the Account Director of SLG Advertising. Having said that, I once thought that she manages the marketing side of the company. But it is not only like that, it is just one side of her job. One thing that I really like about what she shared to u
s is that her position requires her not only organizational skills but she also reveals that her job also involves her to have a creative eye for beauty. She also shared that “being creative”, (which is a must in this industry) is something that can be developed. At any rate, I felt a little hope for myself. I guess there is still a chance for me to improve my creative side. Truly, Ms. Estrella inspired me to be more motivated and see the advertising industry with soaring possibilities.
- Shiela Marie S. Ramos, ABMC-202C
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For me, I've learned that in every job, you have to face lots of trial, but in every trial you'll discover that it helps you to be more successful and achieve what you really wanted. There are things in life that you shouldn't give up on easily, sometimes you have to try really hard to find out you can actually achieve it and you'll be surprised of your own capacity and abilities.
- Faith Ayanna Valenzuela, LIACOM-202C
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The interview with Ms. Ces Estrealla was really inspiring, considering that she is a former 
Scholastican, it gives me the pride and joy of being a Scholastican too. I'm actually considering Advertising as my major in Mass Communication, but I'm also having second thoughts but with this interview, I had a clearer vision of the world of Advertising and I'm now actually planning to take it up.
I want the kind of success she has, I know it can be achieved by really loving and being passionate in your field of work. This made me realize that I really had to choose a course that I would be very comfortable and happy with. The interview actually got me excited to work already the experiences she had and the different personalities of clients she deals with everyday excites me. She is such an inspiration, I hope I would have the kind of passion she
has and all her skills. I know I will still develop my skills, I'm still growing and I’m definitely willing to learn more
- Anna Patricia R. Altre, LIACOM-202C

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------











No comments:

Post a Comment